A handful of business cards
A pack of playing cards
Some sheets of newspaper
Small flat stones
An area in-doors
Throw business cards, then throw playing cards through newspapers. It can be pretty hard to do at first, but you can do it. Keep trying. Hang in there and if I can help anyone else, please ask.
· Forefinger extended ahead.
· Together Thumb and index.
· Between the knuckles first two fingers.
· Between the first two fingers extended.
· Double: in order to send simultaneous with two hands.
· Multiple: several Shuriken in a single hand.
· Full: with all the hand: in order to strike/to press.
(exercise by means of previous launchings with flat stones and cards).
Types of Shuriken:
1. BO SHURIKEN
2. SENBAN SHURIKEN = HIRA SHURIKEN = SHAKEN (TEPPAN)
(Positions to send)
SHIZEN - HICHIMONJI - DOKO - SUWARI CAT
LAUNCHING (SHURIKEN NAGE)
- Short range (without turn) from DOKO.
- Medium range (with a turn) from DOKO
- YOKO NAGE (in form of URA SHUTO)
- OMOTE SHUTO.
KIHON HAPPO SENBAN SHURIKEN:
1. DOKO No Kamae - HON NAGE (Vertical).
· NUKI UCHI NAGE (Horizontal)
· HENKA: Palm downwards (Horizontal)
3. METSUBISHI - ICHIMONJI (Horizontal) With parabolic trajectory (or several Shuriken)
4. DOKO No Kamae - GROVE (Horizontal).
5. GROVE - Palm downwards (Horizontal).
6. DOKO KAMAE - URAKEN NAGE (Vertical) Not turning.
7. JUMONJI - SOKKI NAGE (HIZA NAGE) (Vertical)
8. USHIRO NAGE - (Vertical)
9. DOKO no Kamae - Without Frontal turn (Vertical).
1. Two launching of or both Shuriken simultaneously.
2. KAITEN and launching when leaving the fall.
3. Rolling: USHIRO KAITEN.
4. YOKO ARUKI: To send towards and back when moving ahead.
5. To advance and to back down sending (distance).
6. Shot to long distance.
7. Instinctive: of backs - to turn - to send.
8. Behind obstacles: to watch - to hide yourself - to send.
9. Movable target: precision.
10. To receive a remote Shuriken - to gather it - to send.
- To use to strike like SHIKANKEN.
- Pressure strikes to block.
- Pressure to help in an escape.
- MUTO DORI: to avoid - to send two or three simultaneously - to flee.
- Push of UKE: USHIRO KAITEN - to send - to flee.
- To project pressing with Shuriken- GANSEKI - KUBI NAGE.
- Against throttling USHIRO: to press with the Shuriken - to send SEOI NAGE.
- To use it to press on: take hold of lapel/wrist/etc.
- BO SHURIKEN (BOSHI KEN): on attack in ZENPO GERI.
TOGAKURE RYU: SHINOBI GAESHI CAT (Answers once have been discovered).
- SHIGE GAESHI - On a wall - to send Shuriken - to jump to the other side.
- SHIGE DORI - On a wall - kick - to send Shuriken - to jump to the other side.
- YOKO NAGARE - (Two UKE) YOKO NAGARE - to send - YOKO or USHIRO.
- USHIRO NAGARE (Three UKE) - METSUBISHI in circle - USHIRO NAGARE.
- SAYU KUMOGAKURE no Kata (To hide in clouds) (To left and right)
(Two UKE in DAI JODAN) METSUBISHI - TOBI SUWARI - two FUDOKEN - ZENPO KAITEN.
- KOSEI KIRIGAKURE CAT (offensive Form in the fog).
(Circle of UKE) METSUBISHI - Shuriken until finding a safe zone - ZENPO KAITEN (to flee).
SHURIKEN JUTSU (HENKA WAZA)
- USHIRO KAITEN (left TACHI NAGARE) to send towards.
- To send TATE NAGE: To begin of foot (TACHI) and without interruption to continue sending in SUWARI and TACHI again (Change of height).
- To work from ICHIMONJI different launchings with each SHURIKEN: (To maintain the rate).
NUKI UCHI - TATE - SOKKI - GROVE - URAKEN
- ZENPO KAITEN - When coming out to turn by 360º - to send Shuriken in OMOTE (GROVE) without letting advance.